First and foremost, let me just say I was thoroughly pissed after buying a bunch of books and opening my Kindle to find it was randomly broken? The screen is shot to hell and I have not a clue why. I never touch the thing unless I’m using it to read and always leave it in the same spot to charge. And now the warranty is up. Mother of Christmas. I was over it.. until I realized I could download the WHISPER APP & get them all on my MAC. I am a Tech Hero to Myself. ::Pat on back::
So, my choices out of my Kindle reads:
- Sookie Stackhouse novels.. shot through them all but I just want to point out as someone who has read the entire series.. while some people are casted excellently, Eggs was a football player.. Tara is a fashionista with a short bob cut who comes off more as a Posh Spice than the amazing character in the series, AND THE FAERIES.. AREN’T SUPPOSED TO BE SHORT/BORING/LOOK LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. So disappointed in who they casted as Claudine… WHO SHALL THEY CAST AS CLAUDE? THE TYPICAL SHORT ANNOYING GAY? THEY’RE SUPPOSED TO BE TWINS HERE!
Mary Ann. Jason, Alcide, Bill, SOO-KAY, and Eric are perf though. That actor who plays Alcide makes me go woah-na-na-na what’s your name?!! And TB is definitely not going anywhere for awhile if they continue to use the books. So much more in store for you guyyys!
- All Souls: A Family Story, Brutal, and Dennis Lehane (Typical Irish-Boston books, and I won’t be in the mood until March. “Rat Bastards” was excellent though, and as far as Dennis Lehane goes.. I like Ben Affleck’s portrayal better than the novel).
- Water For Elephants.. nothing about circus rings MY bell, but I figured since it’s supposed to be an amazing movie, the book must be better.. although I’ll be forever condemned to thinking of Robert P. and Reese W. as those characters. It’s okay though, because I love Reese (Cruel Intentions, hi love you) & Rob in Remember Me (one of my fav. movies)
- Assholes Finish First Tucker Max.. I’ll read this on a quick plane ride when I want to laugh because I’m stuck in between the two heftiest mother effers on the plane.
- Love, Lust, and Faking It Jenny McCarthy.. Read the first two chapters and lost it laughing.. Her and Chelsea may have to duke it out, but I’m in the mood for something deeper right now
- The Girl With a Tattoo Dragon.. I’ll jump on the bandwagon later on this year, although I hear it’s great
- Peony in Love.. Just read Shanghai Girls and it was great, so I’m taking a break on the AZNS.
- The Shadow Effect Deepak Chopra.. Once again, just re-read The Shack, taking a spiritual hiatus.
- My Booky Wook Russell Brand.. like Jenny McCarthy, read two chapters.. Hilarious, and I think he is BRILLIANT, but this is for an airplane ride or when I want to laugh because I’m stuck with seriously boring people at the beach.
So, I am left with “THE HELP” by Kathryn Stockett. The writing is brilliant, the characters are intricate.. and I’m only on chapter four. I heard this was being turned into a movie and although I love Emma Stone, she kind of plays the same type of character in each movie, so it’ll be nice to see her break out of that type cast.. Can’t wait to see how the book pans out, and I can already tell you that it’s probably better than the movie.
(Sidenote, just figured out my girl crush Anna Camp from True Blood plays Jolene)
Books I’d advise you to read: Memoirs of a Geisha, The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, Tuesdays With Morrie, Summer Sisters (quick summer read), Something Borrowed (also turning into a movie, quick summer read), if you’re a True Blood fan.. the whole series.. You will shat yourself, any book by Chelsea Handler is great for a beach day/vacation/laugh before bed, Eat, Pray, Love even though the woman is an over indulgent bitch who had to travel her selfish butt half way across the world to figure out that God is in her heart the whole time.. Idiot, but really well written.. ;) Shanghai Girls, Rat Bastards… and lastly, The Alchemist, Shutter Island, The Shack and … the tear jerker… The Last Song. I have stayed up sometimes because I am so deep into a book I can’t put it down.. but The Last Song had me weeping for the last five chapters at 6am. Ridiculous. Miley Cyrus and whoever filmed the movie.. does that book no justice. I am not a romance novel type of gal, and that shit blew me out of the water. Nicholas Sparks, who are you? Where do you come from, you romantic swan???
Okay … book review over, go read The Help.. or better yet, turn off the Jersey Shore..Turn off the challenge.. and go read a fucking book!!!!! AND NOT SNOOKI’s OR THE SITUATION’S! That is not literature.. that is a coloring book in which a toddler could stay in the lines.